Sunday, February 1, 2015

Dog Races

Our last night in Daytona we went to the dog races at the Daytona Beach Kennel Club and PokerRoom.  Was fun betting after getting a lesson from Fred.  Kevin really did well with Quinella Boxed, looking at dog weight and speed and trackster's picks. Mike's advice was bet on the dog that takes a shit before the race cuz he's feeling good, ready to go.  Anyway it was a learnng experience and fun.  I won a couple but when you are betting on the favorites, you don't win big.(-$15 for the 6 races I bet on).  It doesn't help when you study and bet your favorites on the wrong race.   Hope Vegas is better for Rick next week.

Mike and I arrived early and read the rules which included no flipflops in the dining room.  Mike told me to walk quietly when we went in but I forgot and he said three waitresses turned to stair at my feet when I slap stepped to the table.  Oops, but noone said anything. Don Bisgard and I had the all you can eat crab with second helpings and we were up to our elbows in butter.  Under the table looked like a one year old's birthday party.    Thanks to Bisgards for dinner,

The crew traveled to the races in the RV after almost getting stuck in the sand on  Daytona Beach.  No words for that maneuver. .

No comments:

Post a Comment