Friday, January 30, 2015

Airboat on the St. Johns






Went to St Johns River near Geneva for lunch at the Jolly Gator Fish Camp and the crew took an hour airboat ride with Bruce Friar of Central Florida Airboat tours to see alligators and other widlife.

I'm a fan of local so anything that said homemade, I 'm attracted to.  The Jolly Gator looks like a place that would get everything off a Sysco truck and deep-fat-fry it.  A pleasant surprise.  Kevin ordered gater bites for us to try---taste like chicken.  Kathi and I had homemade potato chips that came hot from the deep fryer that all enjoyed ( even though they have bags of chips back at the house - big joke).  Th swamp cabbage soup was awesome - heart of palm, sausage and bacon,  and to top it off homemade Key Lime pie with graham cracker crust and hot coffee.  It was a pleasant memory and I'm sure I was off the chart on the fat content for the day.

I did 3 mile exercise video with the gals at the KOA that morning so that took some of the guilt away.
Hey, we are on vacation.   Got a new power cord for my laptop so playing catchup on blog today.
St Johns River must be great fishing as there were probably 20 boat trailers in the parking lot by the boat ramp.  It must be the Spanish or Catholic influence that rivers are named after saints as the battlefield was on the St. Marks River.

No comments:

Post a Comment