Monday, January 19, 2015

Get the Heck out of Dodge


We left Dodge Friday morning and headed to Dallas.  Mike wanted to go straight to Marathon Service Center; I thought we should keep our reservation with Lighthouse RV at least one night as Mike ordered cigars delivered there..  The driver knows best and we drove straight through to Marathon without one stop, 455 miles without a bathroom break!  Wind was full force.  Hit a big tumbleweed.

What do we talk about on the road?  While driving through Laverne, OK  I noticed the banner over the highway that said Home to Miss America 1967, Jane Jayroe.  I said OK has  lot of Miss America winners. They must have a great ED and coaches.  Mike says, "No, OK has a lot of beautiful women.  On my Hooters Calendar, there are Quite a number from Oklahoma, FL and TX."


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/OklahomaPlate.jpg

With a smart phone, I am switching between maps, facebook, picture taking and travel advisor so I'm busy, plus we are searching for a fitting bitchy name for the GPS. Alice is the one we've had the last 5 years and she is relegated to the pickup as she's steered us wrong.  This new truckers GPS won't take us on roads not fit for a big rig.  In Dallas traffic, I can see one move through town is plenty.



No comments:

Post a Comment