Wednesday, February 4, 2015

RV life

A typical day for a long term RVer, not running off to a tourist attraction, starts with exercises for the ladies.  This ambitious campground starts exercising to a walking video by Sue at 7:30 AM.  That's 5:30 mountain time so I was late the first two days.  This group doesn't do the weights but I think it's the same gal, different video as the Daytona Beach KOA that started at 9 AM.  Everyone is very friendly.  Even though it's a 3 mile workout (about 40 minutes) it only registers 4000 steps on my pedometer.  Cindy Mac said she and her husband clocked the distance to the cemetery at 3 miles that my pedometer read as  9000 steps     I can tell you my scalp is sweating by the time i'm done with the workout.

Monday nights is Bingo here. The calendar said to bring a candy bar. I checked in with Delores, my neighbor but she had already left at 6:45 for the clubhouse.  I brought a double pack of the homemade barleyflake granola bars.  Turns out we needed a $1 for the half and half blackout.  I saw the regulars had put their candy in brown paper bags and had way larger bags than one candy bar.  I ran back and got a $1 and the Dark chocolate heart from Angell & Phelps chocolate tour and put it in a bag.  (They should be more specific as you feel cheap when you see some had the 10 pack of snickers or the quart container of Whoppers, or a basket filled with mini chocolate bars.) Delores was ignorant like me and brought M&Ms.  The reason for the paper bags is you pick a package from the table or can steal from others.  Items can be stolen 3 times max.  The Kansas City retired hospital CEO and wife Jean  sitting across from Delores and I brought Yahtzee ( which I stole) but it got stolen from me.   I came home with a valentine Chocolate bear.  Was a fun night.  Caller was same guy guy that watched super bowl with us.  Next Monday players bring a bottle of beer, wine cooler or frozen single drink pack for Bingo.

The laundry is busy from morning until night it seems.  2 of each working on the clubhouse patio.  6 quarters for a wash.  A lot of people have drying racks attached to the back of their campers when they are set up.

People get acquainted when walking their dog ( or cat).  Everyone knows Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment