Thursday, February 11, 2010

the robbery

Yesterday as the Farm to Table crew was loading up stuff for Glendive Agri-Trade Expo at the EPEC,and we gathered in the conference room of the Prairie Development Center, Jess said "WHERE'S THE TV?" We have a 52" flat screen TV purchased last July mounted on the wall for showing sustainable food DVDs and the food channel shows.

Bruce was in Helena presenting for a Growth Thru Ag grant so it couldn't have been him . but I called Sherry just in case. I know the tv was there for the Miss MT meeting Mi=onday night. Tuesday I never noticed anything. So headed upstairs to check with mental health. Karen Schneider followed me up the stairs and I told her the TV was missing. She gasped, " I know who took it!" I helped them load it into their car at 4:50 last night. They were in the parking lot and I it was almost in but needed some help - it had brackets in the back."
We called the police and after I reported the robbery I turned the phone over to Karen. She gave them a name and address. She already had the police watching this address for possibly selling pain meds. Officer Cope investigated. The TV found at their house was a 42" different brand. - not a Sony Bravia. WHAT! I understand they did have him in jail for something else.

The police need a serial # to pit out a APB to the pawn shops. I spent the afternoon looking for the sales receipt in Bruce's office. One thing leads to another--that started a sorting and filing project not only for receipts but magazines, and books. ( If you'd seen Bruce's office, you'd understand. Anyway Bruce took over looking for the receipt and serial # this morning. No # on receipt; no help from Best Buy but checking with Sony. Anyway, better buy some Rotary tickets for the flatscreen to be drawn March 4 at the Health fair. And if you see that TV being loaded in someone's car bMarch 4, call the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment