Wednesday, March 11, 2015

It's a fine time to meet you, Lucille

TV shows quiz=solve the puzzle.
Bottom left-Column bow  Columbo.
Deb Jensen Kleppelid, me & Lucille Jensen.  Deb was Melva's bridesmaid.
Singing black granite the artist found, taken from bank front.
Rare. Not all granite sings, but Lucille remembers the mountains around Butte called the singing hills.  Could it be the granite?




We put a bead on Huntsville, TX to meet  old family friends from Circle.  When 90 year old Lucille saw my comment on facebook we were headed to Dallas, she messaged me to come through Huntsville. After a day of either food poisoning or flu, we did head that way.   It had rained of course after Mike washed the coach, and the forecast was for rain all week in LA.  Since I was feeling better Monday morning, I went to wash my shells at the fish cleaning station.  By the time  I was done and feeling weak, Mike had loaded up and all I needed to do was get there. I told him I'd given him 5 stars; two minutes later I had my refund and we headed out, although I could have explored more.  I guess I have left most everywhere with a few things or places left unexplored.

Made from pallett by Lucille's granddaughter.
I'm wary on campgrounds cuz none have good reviews in the area.  Our highway took us through about 5 miles of construction mud.  Mike was furious at Roada, & the cars splashing as they passed us. The state park ranger wasn't sure we would fit so we circled out and went 19 miles north to Home on the Range RV.  All gravel but a port in the storm.



We met Lucille and Deb at Yummy Yummy Mongolian Grill and Sushi.  Was so fun to catch up. They are building a home on 39 acres on a lake 30 miles from town.  Lucille and I went out to see it Tuesday afternoon.  Wow- what a great plan: Steel building welded with wood interior 100 x 30 with 10' porch.  Lucille has 900 sq feet with a breezeway between Deb & Donnys.  She's paying for the house and they will care for her.  Ss Lucille put it, That's better than paying a nursing home $5000 a month.  Donny works 12 hour days in Houston, 60 miles away so he's up at 4 and in bed  early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment