Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rail Runner & ART




You can take the train between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. There's 11 stops if you went the whole way from 10 miles S to the old Santa Fe RR station. Commuters use it, cheaper than driving. The governor started the Rail Runner 4 YEARS AGO. It beeps like Road Runner cartoon before moving. I took it to Santa Fe today round trip for $7. Conductor wanted to give me the senior rate but I said no. I was asked at the Georgia O'KEEFE museum except she diplomatically says "Which rate are you?" I've never been in so many galleries with such beautiful and $$ art. Everything was in the thousand$ until I went to the Georgia O'Keefe. Why are there so many guards???--well, her paintings have recently sold for $3,5 million. Did buy some notecards. A docent gave a guided tour -most interesting!! GLAD I WENT - WORTH FULL PRICE of $10!

Here's an idea that could be replicated. At one of the art galleries, they had phone # and 36#. When you called it you heard from the artist how he got his start. One flunked art class in HS. Bet he's rubbing it in now as his stuff was $22,000 (ART GALLERY TAKES HALF.) This painting by 60 year old artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment